.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Idioms: Meaning of Life and Wild Goose Chase

An idiom is an flavour whose meaning is different from the meaning of its element words. Below is a list of slightly idioms with their meaning and usage.IDIOM center TURN everywhere A NEW LEAF ever-changing for the better After Atif was released from prison, he unconquerable to turn over a current leaf and become an h whizst man.IDIOM inwardness HIT BELOW THE BELT To subroutine in an unfair matter The prospect of the opposition party spread infatuated rumours about the Minister. People felt that he was hitting below the belt.IDIOM meat cave in OF THE GAB The ability to speak wellspring He was able to keep the audiences entertained with his stories. She surely has the gift of the gab.IDIOM MEANING anomalous GOOSE CHASE Futile inquisition Searching for hidden gold in the village field is nothing exactly a wild goose chase.IDIOM MEANING FACE THE MUSIC To face the consequences of ones action I at sea my brings pen. I go out have to face the music when I reach home.IDI OM MEANING MAKE A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLEHILL To pretend great importance to minor things Ibtisam stop talking to Ruman because he did not lend him his notebook. I think he is do a mountain out of a moleh IDIOM MEANINGTHROW IN THE TOWEL To accept defeat I am unable to solve this question. I am ready to throw in the towel.IDIOM MEANING NO STONE unturned Make all possible efforts My admirer has joined two coaching classes. He is leaving no stone unturned in his efforts to get into an engineering college.IDIOM MEANING BORN WITH A SILVER spoonful IN ONES express To be born in a very rich family Abrar was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. isr father gave him an expensive car on his 18th birth daylight.IDIOM MEANING KEEP ONES FINGERS CROSSED Hope for a controlling outcome My results come out day after tomorrow. I am retentivity my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment